Moncrief Army Health Clinic is located on Fort Jackson, South Carolina and is part of the 82 square mile military installation located adjacent to the state capital of Columbia.
Moncrief is named in honor of Colonel William Henry Moncrief, Sr., a former Army Medical Corps surgeon whose career spanned over 41 years of dedicated service. Following his retirement from active duty in 1939, Colonel Moncrief moved to Columbia where he served as Administrator of the South Carolina Sanatorium at State Park until 1954.
Dedicated in 1972 as Moncrief Army Community Hospital, the clinic is a modern medical complex covering 323,000 square feet. Within the 12-story facility and its related clinics, a wide range of medical services are available, ensuring quality and comprehensive medical care.
To enhance services, agreements exist between Moncrief and various universities and other health care facilities. These affiliations provide for student instruction and supervision for clinical learning experiences and an enriched spectrum of clinical modalities. The University of South Carolina, College of Nursing, and a number of college-level programs are offered through the post Education Center. Residents from the University of South Carolina Medical School, Providence Health and Prisma Health, currently rotate with several medical services at Moncrief. Excellence through education continues as Columbia has available six colleges, two seminaries and two universities.
Moncrief is fully accredited by The Joint Commission, the College of American Pathologists and the American Optometric Association. The facility stresses quality and comprehensive medical care.